maanantai 28. syyskuuta 2015

Thoughts of the day

So it's about time I write a little again. Now that I actually have time to sit back and make this happen.

So I did some thinking today,

Many of us have a hard time understanding Jesus dying for us on the cross. When people talk about it we agree it's a really amazing thing, but are we genuinely able to understand it...and feel it? It's maybe not a must, but for me- I wan't to truly understand it and feel it.

Take a moment to think of someone in your life. Someone you know almost everything about, someone you love dearly. Your family member or your best friend for example...(and that person sees you in the same way)
Now imagine this person dying on the cross for your sins. You know the way this person thinks, feels, acts, talks, walks...everything. The more you get to understand this person, the more you love her/him. You kind of understand the pain this person experiences on the cross, you understand the loss, the hurt, the determination and you can actually see the great love in this. Such great love you really can't but cry when you see it happening in front of your eyes. For ," there is no grater love than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."(John 15:13) If I saw my dad for example dying on the cross for me....wow. The thought of that makes me speechless. If one of my sisters died on the cross for me...wow. If my mom died on the cross for me...wow. If I saw Milla dying on the cross for me....wow again! The list goes on and on! This really just makes me want to dive deeper into Jesus.

You might see what I'm getting at here already, but my point is that the more you get to know God. (Father, Spirit and Son) Understanding who Jesus was and is, the more you will fall in love with Him, see different characteristics, understand the way he speaks and explains things, how he interacts with people, what He thinks about you...etc. The easier it will be to understand the whole situation of Him actually dying on the cross for you and me and our sins. You'll begin to understand it at a more personal level. For many, understanding this big moment, is still at the level of "I only think about it when the pastor talks about it at church around Christmastime." You don't really understand it on a deeper level. At the level of your true best friend dying for you and making a way for you to be saved. There is no greater love than this. So wake up! Get to know Jesus,- and Him dying for you on the cross will get to that personal level in your mind and heart. And it will make a change in the relationship you have with God. All positive. 

I was prepared to write a huge novel on the subject, but I think I got my main point out and I'm happy with that! I hope this is encouraging for you! And I hope this was clearly written for you. It's always clear in my head.

p.s. And to think about it, Jesus didn't just die for me. He died for all. There is no greater love. It is greater love than my dad, or my mom, or my sisters, or my best friend, or my future husband...would ever have for me if they died for me. HUGE LOVE!

Good night!<3

-Kata

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti