maanantai 26. tammikuuta 2015

Love in this selfish world of ours.

LOVE, IN THIS SELFISH WORLD OF OURS.



Look at this video. Did it make you cry? It made me sob. Did it make you think? It sure made me do exactly that. If it didn't even make you think, then there is definitely something wrong because this is amazing and it should make everyone think.

Love is a very powerful thing in this world of ours. Without God there would be no love. But because of Satan and the fall of man, there is sin. There is hate. There is selfishness. There is arrogance. There are so many bad things. Yet still we have a weapon against all of that. And that is the love we've received from our Father. The love God uses us to touch people with. The love we spread around. The love with no expectations. This kind of love:

13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror;then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
(1 Corinthians 13)

So what is it you did today to show someone you cared? Did you show someone what love is? The right kind of love?. Did you do something Jesus would do? Were you in a situation in which you could just show you've got God's love inside of you? 
Did you try to hide the love from the people around you? Did you try to ignore situations in which an act of love could have been needed? Did you focus on yourself more than on others? Did you think of only your problems and not care what the people around you were going through? Did you feel good about yourself when you saw someone who wasn't doing so good?
If you're struggling with love, or you don't know how to use it. (It is possible not to know how to use love.) Or you've been able to love, but have felt like you didn't gain anything from it. Or you don't feel like you have enough love to give. That's perfectly okay. Because God is love. And with God we can love. 

Love small, love medium, love big. But still, love. 
You don't need to go give compliments to strangers if you don't feel comfortable with that. You don't have to force yourself to do anything. You can start with the smallest of things. Well, the things that might feel really small, but actually have great power in this world of ours. A smile could brighten up someone's day. A good conversation with someone could stick in their mind for a week. Helping someone with something, trying not to be selfish, thinking positive, looking around you with eyes like Jesus...so many things. By reading the Bible, the word of God. You learn more about love and how to love. When the word of God sinks into your heart, into who you are, you are filled with the words of love. Because God is love and the Bible is His word and so the Bible was also written by Love Himself. So the more you learn about God, the more you learn about love. 

Oh, and EVERYONE can love. The poorest person, but also the richest person. We're actually all rich with love. And I'd prefer love over money any day. 


Today as I was walking to school after hanging out and having pizza with Leo during my free period, I saw this situation. A street full of teenagers and an old woman. This old woman was blind and she had accidentally ended up on the street instead of the sidewalk. She was walking towards a parked car and couldn't see or feel anything because the amount of snow there distracted her from feeling around with the cane she had in her hand. So in a minute or so she would've bumped into that car and most likely fallen down, because she didn't seem to have the best balance in the world. I was so surprised no one paid any attention to her. She was talking to herself and wondering where she was exactly. And so I rushed up to her and told her she wasn't on the sidewalk and she was so surprised and I asked if I could help her get to where she was heading and she thanked me and I helped her over the curb, through a bank of snow and walked with her for a moment on that street and she was very happy I had come just in time to help her. I know for sure God brought me there just in time, because the other people didn't see this coming. Which worries me. But I'm glad I was able to help. And I do truly love old people, so it was a golden moment in my day as well<3 heheh. But people, keep your eyes open and look out for the people around you, because this world needs each and every one of us. This world need way more love. Way more actions. For actions speak louder than words.
I'm starting to lose my point, so one word: LOVE.

-Kata <3

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti